6.03.2013

Sharing Hope: For Heather, Cameron, and Lily

I want to share something with you today.

I received an e-mail from a beautiful woman and mama.  Her name is Heather.  She reached out with the hope that I would be willing to share this short video about her journey and in honor of National Cancer Survivors Day (6/2).

Her words: When Lily was just 3 1/2 months old, I was diagnosed with mesothelioma; a type of cancer that kills most people within 2 years. As I’m sure you can imagine, the first thing that came to mind when I was diagnosed was my baby girl and how I wasn’t going to be able to watch her grow up. After intense treatment and recovery, I’m still here 7 years later and cancer free! My journey with cancer was a terrifying one and I'd like to turn my pain into purpose and become someone that other people can look to for guidance, inspiration, and hope in situations like my own.

Watching her video with Sully by my side tugged on my heartstrings.  I cannot imagine.  But I can imagine healing, courage, and hope, so this is why I am sharing Heather's story here.


 Thank you for sharing your story with us, Heather.  Love and Light.

No comments :

Post a Comment