11.12.2012

Sunday Walk


Never mind that it was freezing cold, or that the wind viciously ripped through.  The little ones ran, charged by this beautiful scene, and I would like to hope from the happiness of all of us being together in the wide open.  Eric would leave my side and run after Theo and Sully making them scream with delight until he'd catch them and let them throw leaves all over him, and then it was all giggles.  I hung back and captured the beauty of wild grasses swaying in the golden light, a flock of Canada geese overhead honking, calling, reminding.  We are here and alive; the geese and us.  I found my shadow amongst the leaves, clicked the shutter and ran to catch up.  It was just a walk - 30 minutes - near our home and before the sun set.  It was everything to me.

9 comments :

  1. Those are the best: 30 minutes, close to home. It *is* everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful. It's harder than ever to squeeze in those pre-sunset walks with the early nightfall. I always feel so much happier with a good dose of fresh air, especially with family.

    xo Lilly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!! Love the lick that Sullivan keeps doing!!
    XO!! L

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be the freezing cold-snotty-runny nose lick. Gross. ;)

      Delete
  4. That third picture! So wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love afternoons like this. Even when it's sooooo cold!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Walks with my son have been some of our best times together...he's 13 and still loves to walk with me. Lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a beautiful place for a family walk.

    ReplyDelete