10.24.2012

On the table. {27/52}


On our table right now is this gorgeous runner I brought back from a recent vacation in Mexico.  These are the ladies I bought it from.  Actually, I bought two of them because I thought they were that beautiful.  I was equally in awe of these women - the elder nursing the baby, and couldn't resist snapping a shot of them.


Before I even knew of this week's prompt, I took the close-up photo of our dining room table.  That was the day I cleaned it off of art supplies, piles of mail, and laid the runner down.  I rinsed a few small pumpkins from a local patch and added some sparkly votive holders for a little centerpiece.  Then I delivered the goodness I had been cooking up, a few of my absolute favorite recipes for a fall night. 

Recipes here, here, and here.


15 comments :

  1. beautiful runner, and great captures ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just took a 20-minute food detour! :~} Your Mexican runner is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your table must have looked so lovely. and sounds like the accompanying meal was pretty enjoyable too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this, it's wonderful to see those colors both in Mexico and on your table. They look so different in the two environments but also perfectly suited to each.

    xo Lilly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect timing -- a beautiful table -- and lovely provenance for the table runner.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your table looks beautiful. And the food? Sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. happy fall!! what a wonderful time of year and nothing better than simple decorating. the runner is beautiful, and even more so that you got to buy them right from the hands that made them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. such an autumnal shot :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the whole combination! Spells AUTUMN!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a gorgeous runner. you know, i never brought back anything from mexico. i think it was because our next stop was china... the whole carrying stuff in backpacks issue. i did buy similar items in bolivia at least - mailed them home.

    anyway. my table is teeny at the moment and if i had a runner we would have no laptop, eating, art-making space at all! lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have a beautiful table!! And I love what you captured with the Mexican women. And thanks for the recipes, they look delicious :).
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. How special to see where your runner came from and to then see it arranged so beautifully on your table.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The recipes sound delish. I make a similar roasted broccoli.
    I am just loving your photo this week! Very cozy. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete