7.25.2012

White


52 Photos Project - Week 14 - White

There's something about the color white...so serene, refreshing, calming, soft.  It is a hopeful color and one I am particularly fond of, especially around our house.  I snapped this photo of my bed a few weeks ago in passing.  I had been photographing something the boys were up to when I walked by my room and saw the afternoon sunlight spilling over the pillowy folds of fabric.  I remember taking a deep breath and a sigh and I told myself that I need less time in the afternoon on the computer and more time in that spot to rest and read with my little ones.

17 comments :

  1. Such a calm and serene spot. Yes, get there and soak up the rest.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, yes, yes. rumpled white sheets basking in the sunlight do something for your soul, don't they? and let's not forget, white sheets hanging on a clothesline, love that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The clothesline, of course! I'm still in need of one. Must get on that!

      Delete
  3. beautiful. i hope you enjoyed that spot with your little ones...love that afternoon light streaming in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. safe and cozy - perfect

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful and very restful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. fantastic capture, love the light and shadows

    ReplyDelete
  7. pure beauty, absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is so delicious to my eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! I love the light here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah, nothing like crisp white sheets to sink into ... so refreshing. Love the simplicity of this shot, yet it says so much.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very creative with the fabric folds and the shadows!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What beautiful light. Just makes me want to sink in and relax.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the light in this photo! "Less time on the computer" is a gentle reminder to me of something I need. Thank you...

    ReplyDelete