6.04.2012

This and That

It was a weekend of cleaning, organizing, iPod loading, furniture rearranging, and strawberries.  Oh yeah, there was a jaunt to the zoo (for the love of the soft serve ice cream cone), and did I mention the strawberries?

  Nigella

Listening:  This and this.  Ridiculously in love with the latter.

Making:  This and these.  Both scrumptious, and now we have a freezer full of strawberry curd.

Doing:  Finally organizing my kitchen drawers.  Wood dividers from Ikea.  And making my own all natural, organic Bug Juice - aka bug repellent.  I'll share my recipe after we've tested it a bit.

Wanting:  To sell my console table in the above photo which I've had for years and replace it with this.  

Reading:  This just came in from my library hold list.  I'm looking forward to starting it tonight after the Littles go to bed.

Loving:  The Nigella in my neighbor's garden.  She's giving me a seed pod to disperse in my garden because she's swell like that.

8 comments :

  1. Sigh. MUST your home be so wonderfully uncluttered? I want to live there. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. S, you should see it today. I took pics yesterday because I cleaned it. I promise it doesn't always look so clean. ;)

      Delete
  2. That nigella is fabulous! I threw some in my porch planters, not quite sure if they would grow there. They're still small little things - but now I'm really hoping that they'll make it. (I guess it's not called Love in A Mist for nothing...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your draw organizers!!! thinking those are much needed here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of Monsters and Men makes me want to be in a band just like that one. I can't stop listening to their lp. And my drawers are insane, neglected. Way to go with crisp, clean and functional drawers. I vote yes for the console. It awesome in a rustic modern way. So you. And, oh Sully with the monkey around your neck like a tie - so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to go look up what strawberry curd is, and it looks so delicious! I wonder if I can substitute peaches, and make peach curd. I have 25 pounds of those coming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't see why you couldn't make peach curd. I'd Google it and see if you can find a good recipe to follow. Yum! Peach butter would be divine too.

      Delete
  6. so much sweetness, katie. a real sense of calm...

    ReplyDelete