6.27.2012

My Craft {10/52}



52 Photos Project - 10/52 - Release.  What do you do to lighten up?

It's not uncommon at our house to watch me skip run to the kitchen when my hubby gets home from work.  For this is the time of day when I'm usually quite spent.  The time of day when I need to not hear myself utter the words please share, and use your words, please one more time - or at least for about thirty minutes.

The kitchen is my place.  I pour a glass of wine.  Depending on the day I will listen to music or open the window wide and listen to the outside.  Washing, cutting, chopping, mixing, whisking - all soul soothing.  Cooking and baking are my crafts of choice.  This is where I make.  This is what I do most days to revive.

15 comments :

  1. love this reflection...so much.
    this is very much how i feel...on weekends ;)

    p.s. love your kitchen window sill...

    ReplyDelete
  2. delicious photos. I also let it all go in my own kitchen when I am creating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! Those tomatoes look delectable!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the variety in your jars. Baking and making jam have always helped me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, I like hanging out in the kitchen and having a glass of wine. Ahhh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! Love the photos....Judith, Texas #26

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes indeed. I am right there with ya. My latest escape is to have my husband round up the kids while I do the dishes after dinner. Tunes, a glass of wine and clean counters. All free of interruption. Uh huh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My kids are grown and I still love my kitchen more than any other room! Beautiful photos of your little 'retreat'. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i also find it soothing... mostly if it isn't a chore... that's why i don't do it every day ;)
    a glass of wine and open windows sounds like excellent accompaniments.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your kitchen window sill, too!!!!
    I am late into the game of enjoying cooking and baking, it's only been the last few years I have really enjoyed it.
    But I really DO enjoy it now.
    XO
    C

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I love making food for my family! Alone time in the kitchen rocks. Also love alone time: in dirt, on a trail, with a book, late night on my computer.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely! Cooking used to stress me out, but I have learned to relax and enjoy it and you're right, it's very soothing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the poetic tone of your post. I don't cook often, but I do enjoy a glass of wine when I do so. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete