6.15.2012

A cinnamon roll morning.

I brought two cookbooks from the library home with me.  Pages and pages of beautiful food photography, swoon-worthy flavor combinations, and I found what I was searching for:  inspiration to feed us dinner again (and again.)

They play so well together.  Then they bicker.  Then someone hits someone.  Then they love each other again.  People say, "Boys!"  Maybe.  I'm more of the opinion that they're simply siblings, ages five and two.

This weekend will be friends and family, a rodeo, meeting a new babe, the opening of our neighborhood farmers' market, dad love.

Right now, an empty coffee cup, piles of laundry, a to-do list, my garden tending awaiting, bellies full.  


Wishing you a wonderful weekend.

7 comments :

  1. I feel like when people say things like 'boys' it's like saying 'your hands are full.' like some weird not-quite-helpful comment.
    so true, they're just siblings figuring it all out. your home sounds dreamy right now with sunlight flickering in, recipes on the wing. is it smokey there from the fires?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with Jen, it's another weird not helpful comment. All siblings fight and then desperately want to play with each other all in the same 5 minute span.

      Delete
  2. I'm totally guilty of saying to my mom (who raised 3 girls), "Is it just that they are boys or did we act like this?" She usually responds that us girls, who were all 2 years apart, did indeed act "like this" also.

    Hey, can I get your cinnamon roll recipe? Is it on the old blog? We're looking for one and I've made two that were not so great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah, these are just Rhodes - frozen. I put them in the refrigerator the night before and then let them rise in the morning for about an hour. I do make homemade cinnamon rolls and I have a recipe that I've been using for years from an old Food and Wine. I'll get it to you.

      Delete
  3. Yum! The cinnamon rolls look divine - and I especially love the light-shrouded table photo. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. One word: YUM!!!!!!!!!
    you're making me want to bake today.
    XO
    C

    ReplyDelete
  5. They do sound like normal siblings, and normal boys, to me. The cinnamon rolls sound yummy. I'm going to have to look for a sourdough recipe for those!

    ReplyDelete