5.23.2012

Pink {5/52}

red valerian

This week's 52 photos project prompt was pink.  Pink is not a color I am usually drawn to.  Maybe soft pinks like champagne and coral will call out to me now and then.  But last year when I saw this perennial with its deep pink delicate flowers I instantly fell in love and knew it must come home with me to live in my garden.  It must like it here so far because it is thriving.  Often mistaken for valerian which is a medicinal herb, red valerian is ornamental and its leaves and stem are edible.

12 comments :

  1. Beautiful macro shot and love your header photo ~ thanks, namaste ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. insane picture. love. looking forward to the book you publish (someday!!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jenn. And to answer from a different post - yes on the 50mm 1.4 - I love that lens for just about everything.

      Delete
  3. beautiful. and not your typical pink. yet to do mine....pink not my favorite...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are beautiful. I have a couple of spots in our yard that need a pop of color...might have to go on the hunt for these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A - it's also known as Jupiter's Beard.

      Delete
  5. It reminds me of ceonothus (California Lilac), only that is purple. I have one in my garden.
    Lovely photo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really soft & delicate.
    Thank you for linking up this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. all those pretty little pink flowers...lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a beautiful flower...so delicate! Love the depth of field on this photo!

    ReplyDelete