5.30.2012

Light, Dark {6/52}


52 Photos Project - 6/52 - Look for light in the dark.

I took this photo two weeks ago as I was finishing up the dinner dishes.  I looked across the room and noticed the softest spray of late day western light bathing the corner of our living room.  The little ones were outside with their dad, enjoying dessert and the company of neighbors.  Laughter, the child-like kind, wafted in through the open windows.  The chirps of a robin, too.

Inside I was quiet, still.  I traded my dish towel for my camera and captured.  I hope to remember this moment forever.  This moment when my boys were still laughing like spun sugar and moving through their world like crickets at twilight.

10 comments :

  1. Katie awesome photo! and love that you 'traded your dish towel for your camera' ~ Good thing ~ thanks ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. so very lovely. all of it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! How sweet the memories are that go along with the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks very peaceful.

    ps please consider turning word verification off it makes it easier to comment

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stampmouse, I know word verification is not ideal or very user friendly, so thank you for commenting anyway. :) Katie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photo! Save this post, save all of them, on DVD, so you can remember when you forget. =)

    dezertsuz at gmail

    ReplyDelete
  7. The lighting is incredible in this capture! Great example for this weeks assignment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday! And wow that's a great memory. I spent the night at the beach one night after graduating high school. Hope you have a great day.

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  9. Incredible photo... love how one is busy doing something and by looking up and around notice such beauty. xx

    ReplyDelete