5.25.2012

2am. Float On.

2am, I hear my name being called out.  Am I dreaming?  I am not dreaming.  I carry myself down the hallway, my vaporous tissue paper-like self  to his room.  There he is, standing in his crib with his green blankie wadded up around his cheek and chin the way he always holds it.  He is smiling and his voice is like mist.

"Mom," he asks me, "Where does Meryl Streep live?"

---long confused pause from me---

"Um, maybe California.  Maybe New York City."

"That's funny."

2am mama thought:  Seriously?


He curls back up in his bed and closes his eyes.  I float on.

6 comments :

  1. that rocks he knows who she is!
    I love meryl.
    XO
    C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.
    ???
    (I think it's great to write this stuff down - because, at some point, it becomes so bizarre that it's hard to know where to file things in your mind TO remember them.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. He knows of Meryl Streep because both of my boys adore her version of The Velveteen Rabbit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. AnonymousMay 25, 2012

    He is so dang cute!! I can't wait to get my hands on him!! I hope that you were able to go back to sleep. If it was me, I'd be up for the night!
    Talk soon! XO!!! L

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the way you write these things out. Adorable picture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love this retelling. i was awakened last night by my daughter, but i wasn't asked such a pointed question!!!!

    ReplyDelete