4.25.2012

New Beginnings {1/52}



I'm really excited to be participating in the 52 Photos Project group.  This is week one and the prompt is What are you beginning right now?

My answer to that question is a new shift in my life.  I can feel a weight lifting off my chest as I move beyond these last years that have left me turned all around, inside and out, rising above, appreciating and forgiving myself so much more.

With my little ones not demanding my milk anymore, or almost always my hands wrapped around their bodies while they rest on my hip, I am now freed up in ways I have not been in over five years.  At first I mourned this deeply, and at times I still do.  But mostly I think about the work I will do again with my available hands and I get downright giddy.

I've unearthed my collection of books on aromatherapy, homeopathy.  I've added a handful of medicinal herbs to my garden this year that I hope to harvest and turn into tinctures and salves for healing my family's minor ailments.   My vintage film camera is fixed and begging me to get busy.  I want to photograph bees in a hive.  I want to be documenting everyday moments for people who are not my own and grow that because that grows me.  Oh so much to do...

I can invite a New Beginning where my old self and my current self meet now, and the path before me is brighter than ever because I walk it hand in hand, complete and with love.

11 comments :

  1. this must be a time to feel light...this time of beginning.

    i am happy to see you on this project oo.

    i know how you feel as my girls have grown up and farther apart from me, i mourned those earlier days, but now i see some of the freedom it is bringing me for myself.

    and they are still right here in the middle of it.

    i hope you find a proper balance and enjoy every minute of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I am just loving this entry. Your photo, the place where you are now... I love it.
    Welcome & thank you for linking up this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bravo to you ~ the 'next stage' a new beginning to create what is next ~ Wow! ~ Wishing you whatever it is you wish for your self ~ thanks, namaste, ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful to have all these opportunities opening up for you. Gorgeous photo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds like you have some wonderful plans!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully written great new beginning

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a lovely reflection. love this place you speak of: where you old self and current self meet...

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great beginning! I relish my creative time alone, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you all for stopping by. Super excited to be a part of this project with such talented and inspiring women.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lightness. A brightness. Captured beautifully here, in your photograph and your words. And that you feel "downright giddy" for the possibilities that lie in the path before you ... simply wonderful!

    ReplyDelete